Some people still need to return the library books handed out last week. Could you please return them by Friday at the latest. Please return just the book – you can keep the folder, library card and copybook at home.
I look forward to meeting everybody at the graduation tomorrow. The children seem prepared and ready to move on to Junior 1 and in tomorrow’s ceremony will celebrate all their achievements during the year.
Just a few notices (as usual!!)
- The graduation ceremony starts at 8.30am. Parents are requested to be seated by 8.20am.
- The children are to be in class by 8am sharp, as usual. Parents can leave the items required for swimming in class.
- Children are to come to school with their swim suits underneath their uniform.
- There will be time for the children to have a quick breakfast snack before coming down for the graduation ceremony.
- After the graduation ceremony, we will return to class until our coach collects us at 10am. The children can snack again while waiting if they want to do so. We would like to request your help and ask you to please help up by carrying up 1 chair with you from the hall to the class (one per child) as all our classroom chairs will be down in the hall.
- For the swimming activity, you need to bring with you –
a towel, beach shoes, a swimming cap (if you have one), underwear, armbands (NOT inflated as these will only be required if the instructor decides they are necessary) and the toiletries required to take a shower afterwards.
Are your children sleeping? They were exhausted by the end of the day. I was too but we had such good fun together. The children arrived at school, all excited and happy, constantly asking me when it was going to be time to go out and swim. They spent the first half of the day playing in class, eating and getting ready to go out.
Once outdoors, the children spent an hour playing water games, rested a bit, then played in the pool and finally had an ice cream. I am attaching some photos below. I’m afraid that there are no photos of the children in the pool as I was in the pool with them enjoying myself playing with them in a relaxed atmosphere.
I hope that I managed to sent back all the items that you sent in (apart from the couple of items that I am already aware of!!). Please check your bags and let me know if anything is missing. Should you have something that belongs to someone else, please return it tomorrow. We tried very hard to keep everything organised but there were so many bags and items in class and so many things that we had to take out with us, that it is possible that some things got misplaced.
Today I sent home another batch of workbooks and crafts and I apportioned some stationery items that you had sent in at the beginning of the year and we did not use – some people got a bottle of paint and other got some play dough. Your children can use these over the summer months or you can send them in next year if they are on the stationery list.
Tomorrow I will send back some more items, including folders, which can then be kept at home. I will be apportioning some more stationery items. If you get a stationery item that is labelled with someone else’s name, it is not a mistake as I am just trying to spread items remaining over the whole class.
Tomorrow I should also be returning the cushions and the aprons.
Just a note to add that on Friday, the children can come to school in casual clothes 🙂
Ms Karen has asked me to post information about the cost of the party and workbooks for term 3.
The party will be held next Friday 23rd June which is the last day of school for the term. School hours are the same as usual. Ms Karen is asking you to contribute €6 towards party expenses. This will include food and an ice cream, some time on a bouncy castle and entertainment in the form of a puppet show and balloon modelling. You will not need to send in any food in for the children that day. They will only need their bottle of water to be able to have easy access to water throughout the day.
We have used 4 workbooks during term 3. The cost of these workbooks is €3.
I will be collecting both amounts myself and passing them on to Ms Karen. You can put them in the children’s notebook folder, as usual.
Happy Father’s Day to all the daddies. I hope that you are enjoying the day in the company of your lovely children. These are the father’s day stories we watched in class this week.
The children thought about the things they enjoy doing with you and told me what it was. We added a note in your card to thank you for it. We also said a prayer for you every day this week.
Parents’ day is on Monday 26th June. I will be sending out the notes with the appointments on Monday. I tried to send them out on Friday but did not manage to prepare them on time. Apologies for the delay.
Friday 23rd is the last day of school for the children and on that day we will be having a party. We are going to order the food as we did in the Carnival party. Ms Karen will be sending you a note in the coming days informing you of the cost.
Ms Karen will also be sending you another note with the cost of the workbooks printing for the last term of the year.
As you were informed in Ms Georgina’s e mail, on Tuesday the children will have the opportunity to play water games and to swim in the pools set up in the school grounds for summer school. Below is a summary of what you need to know:
1. The children need to come to school wearing their bathing suit beneath their school uniform. Since the children are young, to the contrary of what was originally stated in the e mail, girls may come in a two piece bathing suit since it makes it easier for them to access the toilet.
2. You need to send in:
- Ready blown up armbands
- A towel
- A t -shirt for the children to wear while swimming (compulsory) – either a swim top or a normal t shirt
- A sun hat – recommended since they cannot apply sun block before entering the pool
- Footware (flip-flops, crocks or sandals)
- A pair of underpants to change into after swimming
- A plastic bag to put the wet items in before sending them home.
Please ensure that everything you send in is clearly labelled.
3. An ice cream van will be visiting the school that day and the children will be allowed to buy an ice cream. If you would like your child to have a ice cream, please sent in Euro 1 in a labelled envelope. If you would not like your child to buy an ice cream please inform me via a note in the notebook so that I will know what everyone’s decision is.
4. Sun cream may be applied at home before the children come to school.
Today I sent home more workbooks and craft items to be kept at home. I still have quite a bit to send back and it would really help me if each time that I send items back, you would return to red folder to be refilled.
Thanks for your help.